Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2/9/11

365 Group (f)


"God is Great, A cup of coffee is good and this weather is crazy!!!"

I was anticipating this morning as being a good, maybe a ride in, kind of day.

The recent snow and ice was all but off the area roads that I use. The weather folks said that we would get some more snow but, I for some reason had the feeling it would miss us. At least the bulk of it. After careful deliberation I have come to the conclusion that my weather forecasting skill needs some honing.
I got up to about eight inches of new snow and it was still falling. By 8 am it was a good 12 inches deep all over the area. I made a few phone calls and got work covered and settled in to wait it out.
When the snow stopped falling I measured an average of 18 inches all around my place. Lots of drifts were up to 36 inches.
Guess it was a good thing that I really hadn't planned to ride in.
I had a couple of small tarps covering my bikes (as you can see) that are nowhere to be found. I'm thinking the wind took them off.
when the thaw hits...catch ya on the road

No comments: