Monday, March 14, 2011

3-14-11

365 Group (f)


This past weekend was great for riding. Rather what little I did was. I had been experiencing a jerk in the steering on my last couple of rides that led me to think it might be time for new bearings.
Bearings aren't really a hard deal but they are a pain to fool with. (For me anyway.) I spent a good part of Saturday getting to the bearings. Luckily they just needed cleaning repacking. I managed to kill most of the day doing what I could without a press. Seems to have done the trick as jerk/catch is gone.
Sunday I had great plans of taking a link out of my chain and heading down to go to church with mom. As I headed out to ride up to my buddies shop I stepped on some loose gravel and sort of slipped a little and managed to pinch a nerve in my back. It didn't seem like a big deal until I tried to kick over the bike. (by the way, I now fully understand the term Heavy Compression Engine) About half way into the kick something giggled it's way into a full blown short circuit and I rolled somewhat less than gracefully off the bike. I managed to land sorta semi on my back. After about an hour I noticed two things 1. Most of the electric shocking pain was gone and 2. Got a loose clamp on the lower header pipe on the right side. Couldn't see the left side from where I was laying.
I finally managed to work my way into a sitting position and then slowly crawled back to the house.
I spent the rest of the day and night loaded up on pain killers and flat on my back.

Guess it was one of those bikin not ridin days?

Hope after the Monday Dr. appointment to catch ya on the road

1 comment:

manthano said...

Hey!
Get well quick.
Will be worrying about you
and praying for you.