Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3-2-11

This morning I woke to a heat wave compared to yesterday. 37 degrees, maybe spring is starting to 'spring'?
I rushed around getting ready hoping to come up with an excuse to skip work and make a long ride. Nothing really worked so I saddled up for one more day at the grind.
I had a frost on the bike again this morning. Not as heavy as yesterday but I still had to dry it off.
Finally I got all the "blow dryin"
done and fired up. listening to the early morning rumble I tried again to find an excuse to play hooky...ah well.
As I headed down the road to the highway I was thinking ' a little breakfast would sure hit the spot' so I headed to the little cafe for something quick.
I pulled in and parked by a shiny new red Honda 1300. The owner had ridden over from the sprawling city of Kingston. Apparently he frosted out at about 40 miles.
We visited a little over coffee until he was warmed enough to make the final ten miles of his trip.
I pulled out and made the run to the mountain. Traffic was light and moving along at a good clip so there wasnt any fooling around.
I turned off and noticed that the sand and gavel from the recent weather was mostly off the roads. This made the curves more fun as I didnt have to hug the center line.
The rest of my ride was pretty nice even with the heavy traffic on Butterfield Coach and the Parkway. So nice that I think I'll try it again a little later this afternoon.

catch ya on the road

No comments: