Monday, March 28, 2011

3-28-11

365 Group (f)

Today was a chilly damp feeling day. One the weather man lured you into thinking would be changing to nicely warm in just a matter of minutes. (Didnt happen.)
I started out with a few errands and ended up at the Cline Motorworks World Headquarters. It had been a while since I had been by and I needed to visit a bit. I also needed to do a little tinkering on the bike so it all worked out well.
I needed to cut down my chain and give it a good look over. That turned into almost an all day project. I had gotten some chain lube that at the time was told I wouldnt have to worry it slinging off. That was an understatement. My chain was a sticky mess. I soaked it in cleaner most of the time I was there. Even brushing didnt get it all off. It's a great lube and like the man said. I didnt have to worry about it coming off. I had a friend give me a new Dunlop rear tire. My plan was to mount it on a spare wheel I had. Yes, that was my plan. This was the stiffest tire I have ever had anything to do with. It took two of us to break it down and mount it. After pinching the tube twice it was decided that it was a project for a warmer day. With that out of the way I got back to my chain. With it cut down and cleaned it didnt look all that bad. It would hopefully last another month or so.
In the shop was a 70'S 185 Suzuki 2 stroke street bike that was being revamped. As I understood it the plan was to make a kind of off road light duty fun machine. Something to do a little trail riding and what have you with. One of those projects that make feel like a kid again. Cant wait till it's done to see the finished product.
Getting back on the road I headed out to put a few miles on my newly cut chain.
I was a good day with a good friend. Even if the weatherman didnt get close.

catch ya on the road

No comments: