Monday, March 7, 2011

3-7-11

365 Group (f)

This morning I rolled out to work a little early. I had plans of getting breakfast then a nice ride around the lake to work.
While I waited on breakfast I was made current on all the local gossup as well as the current gripe, high gas prices. Seems that everybody has a problem with $3.40 per gallon when they drive an oversized truck that gets 4 to 6 MPG. Also, the majority of the driving they do is recreational.
My food came and I ate listening to all the griping. As I finished I couldnt resist making a suggestion to help with all the pressure they were struggling with. "why not get a scooter or motorcycle for that daily manditory treck to the coffee shop?" I went so far as to explain that with the one I ride I get a weeks work of back and forth to work on a tank full. Or about $10.00. This met with all kinds of moaning and groaning that gave me the impression that if they did something to fix the problem they wouldnt be able to gripe and blame Politicans, Rag Heads or Illegal Alliens or someone else.
I finally got to the point of it being to hard to keep from laughing so I headed out. Kicking the bike to life I jumped out and headed toward the lake.
My ride around the lake was a good one. Added about twenty miles to my morning ride and made me feel about 20 miles better when I got to work.
It always helps when you can start your day with a good breakfast, a good laugh and a good ride.

catch ya on the road

No comments: