Thursday, March 3, 2011

3/3/11

365 Group (f)

Today the weather 'doodette' said it was going to be warm with a good chance of rain. Looks like it is going to be a good day for a ride.
I filled up a thermos and packed up the rain gear, just in case. At about 4:30 I headed out. The bike fired up like it was ready to go, so I did.
My real loose plan was to run by my mothers place and say howdy on my way to work. I headed east on 412. Since I was about two hours ahead of the early morning traffic, it was sort of like having the road all to myself. I did have Deer to worry about as they have been making a name for themselves lately by running out in front of people. I just hugged the middle of the road and went on.
It was a good ride down. Sixty seven miles through the hills in the dark. I got there just as mom was getting ready to do the readings at the weather station.
We had a cup of coffee and visited a little.
After about 45 minutes I headed back out and got on the road to work.
I ran highway 7 North to Jasper. I gassed up at the bridge I decided to run up Mt. Sherman & Low Gap then down the possums shank to 21 and back west on 412.
Back on 412 traffic was heavy with morning 'go to work types.' I made the short run up to Marble to the little cafe and had a quick bite to eat. Pulling back out I got on the tail end of a line of aggressively moving traffic. I made good time all the way back to work. Even made most of the lights in town.
Now that I'm settled in for the day I'm wondering if I should take the same route going back home? It's just under 200 miles on some of the greatest roads for riding. Gotta think it over a bit.

catch ya on the road

No comments: