Tuesday, April 21, 2009

4-21-2009 Short morning ride

365 Group




I looked out at my bike this morning and really didn't want to go to work. The weather is suppose to be in the seventies today and I would much rather make a trip than just a ride in to work.
After strapping on all my junk I shoved a couple of tennis balls under my old Triumph solo seat and headed down my drive. I had read or dreamed up that tennis balls would help make for a less rigid ride. So far, just based on his mornings ride they did help a little. I think I just need to work out the correct positioning for them.
I caught a pretty good hole in the morning traffic and it seemed like I had the highway all to myself. Catching a groove at about sixty five I seemed to just sort of floated along to my turn off at the foot of the mountain. This smooth running just proved that today would be better spent making a trip somewhere. All along the way around the mountain I was trying to come up with a good excuse to call in to work with. Nothing really good came to mind. Ah well, guess I'll just have to be content with a short ride.
Coming into Springdale my hole had closed and traffic was everywhere. At my first traffic light cars crowed me from every direction. Once the light changed it seemed like everyone jumped at once and I had that "pinball" feeling again.
As I pulled up to Robinson I got a good look at how morning traffic was. Cars were dragging the light badly. Guess everyone had overslept this morning. I dodged cars and trucks all the way up to work. As I pulled into the drive at work I had a car following me real close. Too close for comfort. He managed to not hit me as I turned off but he wasn't so lucky as the one that was tailgating him bumped him. I pulled up by the Guard shack and sat and watched for a few minutes. Both drivers were hot and ended up calling the cops.
All in all I had a great morning ride. I even made good time considering the idiocy of the morning traffic. Now, if my day will pass quickly I'm already ready to get back out in that mess again and see if I can make good time going back home.
Hope to catch ya on the road

No comments: