Thursday, April 30, 2009

4-29-09 Rainy

365 Group



When I headed out this morning it was about sixty eight degrees and mildly over cast. I had a pretty much uneventful ride in to work. I had looked over the weather report before I left and it looked like the major storm might miss us. That in mind I had planned on a long ride home. I was hoping to make about 150 to two hundred miles of my trip home.
When quitting time came around I looked out and saw a light rain was falling. This was going to really put a damper on my ride. I got into my rain gear and headed to the parking lot. As I walked to my bike I saw that one of the other workers had brought a cover from home and had covered his bike. I found out that he had called home and had someone bring the cover and then wait around in town to pick him up after work. Must be nice?
I hit the kick starter and fired up.Heading out in the general direction of home. The rain was getting heavier and I finally gave in to fact, My ride would have to be on another day.
Running down 412 I managed to make good time until I crossed some standing water at an intersection. I splashed it pretty good and I figure I got my points wet. After I hit water the bike popped and chugged all the way home. It did do better at higher speeds but generally ran rough.
in view of this rough running made a most direct trip of 13 miles to the house.
I made it home in one piece. Looking at the sky I figured that it was going to rain all night.
Unpacking I noticed that one of my bags had drawn water and some of my work junk was soaked. Just as well, I need something to tinker with this evening.
Tomorrows weather is forecast to be the same or worse. Looks like, as bad as I don't want to I'll most likely ...get wet again.
Hope it drys out some and I can catch ya on the road

No comments: