Monday, April 27, 2009

4/27/2009

365 Group


Today is going to be a wet one. That's what the weather man said before I headed out to work. Lots of wet, wind and maybe even some hail. 80 percent chance or rain. Well that means that there is a 20 percent chance it wont.
I grabbed my rain gear and headed out to the bike. It was windy and very dark, looked like it was going to be a bad storm.
Firing up I decided to make a real quick ride of going to work in hopes of not getting drowned. As I bounced down my drive it was looking more and more like I might make it. I hit the street and hammered down to the highway. Rolling up to the intersection I could see that there wasn't anything coming either direction and I just rolled the stop sign and really hammered it towards the foot of the mountain and my turn off. Traffic was light all the way and non existent after I got off on Habberton.
The closer I got to Springdale the lighter the sky was looking. I had the thought that I was going to make it when I felt the first rain drops. Talk about a let down! For about two miles I had a light sprinkle on me and kept myself tensed for the down pour.
Traffic in town was light and I made really good time up to work. The Security guy had the gate open and waved me through like I owned the place. Pulling into to park I was tickled. I had made it without getting soaked.
All throughout the day I noticed that the sky would darken then lighten up. So maybe the major storm is going to miss me. That would be nice as I have an appointment at a local metal shop to get some handle bars made.

Gotta love springtime in Northwest Arkansas

Hope to catch ya on the road

No comments: