Friday, April 3, 2009

Running the BackRoads (part two)

365 Group


This morning when I got up was a contrast to yesterday. I had ice on my bike and it was cold!
After some bumbling around I jumped into a hot shower and took my time. I wasn't going anywhere until the ice had melted. (at least off the seat)

The motel was nice in that they had a coffee maker in the room.
I had made a lazy day yesterday in coming from home to Clarksville. I managed to find a motel that was sort of off the beaten path. They even gave me a discount as I was on a bike. I spent the most of the afternoon just tooling around Clarksville and the area. It had been a bunch of years since since I had been in this area other than passing through. After running all over town, twice. I packed it in to the motel. Since I still had a few minutes of daylight left I did some minor maintenance on the bike. Checking on the new stuff I'd bolted on before this trip. Everything seemed to be holding up good so I guess it's a keeper. After checking over the bike I ate a few of the Hush puppies I had left.
As I get older all those years of Dirt Bikes and Hard Tails have taken there toll on my back. After about a hundred and fifty-seventy five miles, a hot shower just seems to hit the spot.
After the shower and a couple more Hush Puppies I sacked out in front of the Discovery Channel.

With the shower over and the morning coffee drank. I headed back out to see if it had warmed up any. Everything had melted and I toweled off the bike.
Pulling out from the parking lot I decided to do sometihing I normally dont ever do, jump on I 40 to run down to Russellville. I dont like interstate riding for lots of reasons but today I wanted to open the old bike up and kind of blow the soot out of it.
Catch ya on the road

No comments: