Thursday, April 16, 2009

A good ride

365 Group



This morning was a great morning to be heading out on a ride. The temperature was around fifty degrees with a clear sky.

I hurried around and got all my junk strapped on and hit the road. I was hopping to catch some of the other riders from the area and see about getting together after work for a dinner ride.

As my luck goes, I didn't see anyone that I normally see. My ride in was almost over before I knew it.

As I pulled into work I noticed several bikes in the lot and figured that they had to have been running a little early this morning and that was why I didn't see any of them.

While the day wore on I managed to speak to several who rode in and we made loose plans to ride over to a newer Catfish place after work for supper.

Finally, quitting time showed up. Bikes started pulling up by the Guard Shack and everyone was ready to hit the afternoon traffic. Traffic around quitting time can be a real hazard in this part of the world. Nobody around here can drive but everybody thinks they can. I slipped on my helmet and hit the kick starter. While the bike was warming up I went over a direct route to this place with some of the others. Only a couple of us had been to this place and the rest of were just going to have to play follow the leader.

All warmed up I eased toward the street and looked for an opening in the traffic. Once I saw a space I jumped out and headed toward highway 71. Looking back in my mirror I saw that everyone had followed me and traffic had just come to a stop while we all got on the road. I guess there is something to be said for riding in a herd.

The run south on Highway seventy one wasn't bad. traffic was actually kind of light compared to the side streets we had just come off of.

Coming into Fayetteville by the mall we all bunched up at a traffic light. Before I knew it all plans were changed and we headed for Chilli's and a steak.

Running from traffic light to traffic light was a slow but fun process. It was also noisy as most of the guys had drag type pipes on their bikes. Like I said, it was a lot of fun. (even the cops that we passed laughed)

After dinner and the required period of "Bull Pitching" everyone started drifting off toward home.

The ride to the house was a good one. Knowing that heavy rains were in the forecast for tomorrow and the rest of the week, it just wasn't quite long enough. today only totaled 43 miles. But. They were good miles. I hope that tomorrows ride is dry and at least as good.
Hope to catch ya on the road

No comments: