Thursday, June 11, 2009

6/11/09

365 Group (f)

These last few days have been good riding weather, for the most part. I have been having problems with my lower back and not in the best shape to ride. Last night I loaded up on some muscle relaxers and went to bed early in an attempt to get back in shape. So far it has worked and I was able to ride out to meet the crew that was heading south. A bunch of us from the area had planned a trip to the South and East part of the state. Leave out on Thursday and be back on Monday. Just ride and hit the local attractions along the way. A few of the guys from around Springdale had bought new rides and were itching to get 'em on the road. Some had wanted to hit the Folk Center at Mt. View and Blanchard Springs caverns over by Fifty Six. As my life worked out I wasn't able to go so my plans went down the tubes. Anyway, I planned to ride about a hundred miles or so with them so it wouldn't be a total loss. We had planned this trip back in the winter and everyone was looking foreword to it. I planned to make it as far as breakfast with them and head back. We all met at the nursery in Hindsville. Since I run this road a lot over to my mom's I got shuffled to the front of the herd. About seven thirty we all pulled out and eased up to the old/new 412 intersection and started East. A few miles down the road everyone settled down and got into the ride. This stretch of 412 is a nice ride early in the morning. Cool and kind of a damp feel in the air. My old bike ran like a song all the way. Pulling in to Alpena I slowed down as I came up on the station and sure enough a couple pulled in. Seems that they hadn't gassed up at Hindsville and somebody need to go to the restroom. About ten minutes later we were back heading for breakfast.Harrison was the breakfast stop. We all roared into the "Micky D's" and most everyone ordered a "Mcsomethingorotherwithcheese". After the Biscuit's and gravy I got out my map and showed the routes I had been down before and told everyone about a couple of places that make for a good stopping point. Even had a couple of good eating places marked. Finally everyone was done and had gone to the bathroom. I wished them luck and saddled up for my ride back to Springdale. My trip back up,other than I was bummed that I wasn't getting to go with the group, was a nice one. There would be other trips, I hope.Coming out of Alpena I came upon some bikes pulling onto the road. They had come out of Branson and were running the roads looking around and heading for Eureka Springs. I rode along with them to the Eureka exit by Huntsville. Waving adios I headed on up 412 to Springdale and work. I was only a couple of hours late and since I had already done most of today's yesterday, didn't have a whole lot to do.
Maybe I can find away to slip out early and find an excuse to get in a few miles before going home? Maybe even head over to Eureka and have dinner with the Branson bunch?
Catch ya on the road

No comments: