Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6/23/09 Daily

365 Group (f)

These last couple of days have been heck on my back. I more than less over did it over the weekend. I guess it was worth it. Anyway the Doctor is going to explain it all on Wednesday and let me know if it was.
This morning was almost a carbon copy of yesterday morning. I fired up the bike and let it warm up a little while thinking about how easy it would be to call in and tell work that I had the "woofle's" and wouldn't be in. Then again it's the start of the week and payroll needs to get turned in. Guess I'll go on in.
The ride down my driveway was a bumpy mess. I got to get it repaired soon. Once I got on to the pavement the "owing" & "ouching" eased up a bit and by the time I was up to highway speed I was feeling no pain. I pulled into the one stop to top off the tank and look over the morning traffic.
After gas and a quick cup of coffee I pulled on to the highway and made a run for the mountain. Traffic was light and it was a smooth, quick ride. I enjoy this part of my morning ride as it's a good place to open up and get the cobwebs all shook up. Before ya know it though the turn off is coming up and gotta start slowing down. Guess I cant have it all.
I had a fairly uneventful ride in to work. Even in town. Everything seemed to be put on slow speed this morning. I didn't notice that "pinball" feeling either. Now that has to be a bad sign.
Running up Hwy.412 I noticed several bikes on the road. Most were locals on their way to work. I have been seeing this more and more. Lots of them are new smaller bikes. I'm thinking that some are just learning to ride and some are finally getting the idea. Riding to work is the best way to go. I also noticed another group with that look of "I'm on vacation about them". Whenever I see these folks, I always get a big case of the "wanna's". " I wanna go". There is nothing that compares to vacationing on a bike.
Pulling into work I saw that everyone that works here that owns a bike had ridden in. That means today will be another lunch run. A lunch run by it's self is reason enough to ride in. All of us saddle up around noon and jump out into traffic to roar around town and converge on a fast food place. Quite a show.
I parked my bike next to a big old dressed out Harley that looked like it could use a little classing up and headed in.
Depending on the doc, catch ya on the road.

No comments: