Monday, June 29, 2009

6/27-28/09 a two day trip...of sorts



365 Group (f)



This weekend was a hot couple of days. At times it seemed too hot to breathe. Air conditioning was a blessing.


I had volunteered to watch a couple of pups for the weekend and this sort of kept me in close. In fact, the majority of my riding was over to check on those "lil monsters" several times a day. My days started out being up early and feeding and fluffing my own "Republican Guard". Drink my first pot of coffee then fire up the bike and run the five miles over to the top of the mountain to feed and fluff the "lil monsters". Ride back to the cafe and have a little breakfast and visit with some of the local fixtures. Since I didn't know what their routine was during normal times I just ran back and forth several times each day. I'd let them out for a while till the heat brought them back in. Saddle up and head back toward the house or whatever errand I had. Lots of short rides.
To the majority of people, especially "Biker" types this probably doesn't sound like much fun. That's OK. These little guys are riders at heart. Really! Neither one peed on my tires.
These pups are a pleasure to be around. They aren't like most friendly critters,they actually love me and that's something since I haven't been around them all that much. It makes it all that much better.
I only got in about seventy five miles this weekend with the "pup sittin" and the heat. It was one of the most enjoyable seventy five mile two day trips I have ever had.
Catch ya on the road

No comments: