Wednesday, June 3, 2009

6/3/09 Rained out

365 Group (f)
This morning it was raining.
I had left my rain gear on the bike that I had left uncovered. So with that I drove my car to work this morning. I was in a strange way pleased to see that there were no other bikes on the road. Maybe the reason I didn't feel so bad about not riding. It was just as well that I didn't ride today. Along with the rain I got a call shortly after I arrived at work from a truck driver that I had met a couple of weeks ago. We had discussed some bike parts that he had to give away. Anyway, I had forgotten about him and the parts. Seems he hadn't forgotten. I gave him directions to where I was and agreed on meeting around lunch time. About 11:45 Donnie the trucker/biker showed up and made me the proud owner of three large boxes of miscellaneous bike parts. Speedometers, Tachs, cables, lights. Just a big bunch of stuff. Seems that he had picked the stuff up while putting together a ride for his little brother. All in all several hundred dollars worth of parts for nothing. Well, not really nothing. I took him over to Neils cafe and bought him the lunch special. Anyway, It was one of those deals you luck into sometimes. All in all it was a damp and drab day here in the hills. I couldn't ride today, but, just as soon as I get home I can bolt a few things on.
Catch ya on the road


mail: bikin_ridin@yahoo.com

No comments: