Tuesday, June 2, 2009

6/2/09

365 Group (f)

This morning I was sort of running a little behind. I had planned on taking the long way in this morning and having breakfast out on the road. Since I was a little behind I grabbed a Bacon biscuit at the corner gas station and hit the road.
Heading east I had the road all to myself till I got just outside Hindsville. As I came up on the old 412 merge I laid on the throttle and leaned in to run on up to the new 412 intersection. About half way into my merge I noticed there were several slow moving cars coming my way and figured that there was Trooper up ahead. Topping the hill at the intersection I came upon some farm equipment that was slowing folks down. Glad it wasn't an early morning accident or a Trooper.
Heading back west I ran up to about seventy and just kind of held there. This stretch of 412 is fairly new and is still pretty smooth riding. I had adjusted my chain yesterday afternoon and it made for a smother ride. The bridge across the lake was the only rough spot that I noticed.
Before I knew it I was coming into Springdale. Traffic started getting heavier and at the last moment I hit the spur and made a detour down by the livestock auction and through the old part of town traffic on these back streets hadn't picked up yet. If it weren't for the traffic lights I wouldn't have had anything to complain about.
Pulling into a gas station I got a cup of coffee and sat on my bike and ate my Biscuit. It was good. Several bikes roared by and waved. I waved my coffee cup back at them. Seemed that this was starting out a good day.
Catch ya on the road

No comments: