Sunday, May 31, 2009

5/31/09 mom's b-day


365 Group (f)

This morning was an almost perfect morning to go for a ride. Bright and sunny. temperatures suppose to be in the eighties.

I strapped on my coffee thermos and camera, jumped on the starter and headed east.
Traffic was light as the church crowds hadn't started out yet. I pretty much had the road to myself until I got over to Hwy 412. As it was still cool the bike was running like a new one and I made good time.
At 412 I hit the merge lane and got blown off the road by a Harley with a small car tailgating it. Thinking that this might not be a good thing I backed off a little and let these two crazies get on down the road. After a couple of miles they slowed down and the car was matching the bike, move for move. At a passing lane the rider waved me around. I figured that the two were traveling together and the car was afraid of losing sight of the bike.
The rest of my trip down to Deer was a good one. The bike ran great and the weather was perfect.
I made it to my mom's in just over an hour. Just in time to wish her a happy birthday and ask what was for breakfast.
I had a good visit with the family and about five I headed back to the land of fruits and nuts.
The ride back up was a much slower pace. I took my time and just settled into a good comfortable ride.
At the Boxley Valley I slowed and looked over some floaters on the river. Looked like they had high centered their canoe and were having a devil of a time trying to get it off the rocks. I took a couple of pictures and then yelled at them and when they looked at me got a couple more. They didn't seem to fully appreciate the humor of their situation like I did.
Back on the road I met a few bikes heading the opposite direction and every body waved and grinned like they were having fun.
Pulling back into town I opted for a burger and headed for the cafe to top off the bike's tank and my hungry stomach.
It was a good ride and a perfect day for it. Hopefully I can do it again next weekend.
Catch ya on the road

mail: bikin_ridin@yahoo.com

No comments: