Thursday, May 21, 2009

5/21/09

365 Group

Today was an off work kind of day. I felt like just doing nothing so I fired up the bike and took off. By the time I got on the road the morning going to work traffic was all gone. I kind of had the road to myself. I headed east towards Hwy. 412 and Huntsville. The day was starting out warm and clear. With no real plan in mind before I knew it I was coming into Alpena. I topped off my tank and headed up Hwy 62 toward Eureka Springs and breakfast (or) lunch. The roads were winding and twisting and a lot of fun. I passed a few bikes on 62 and they all seemed to be having as much fun as I was. In Eureka I stopped in at little Bean and Cornbread place and had a small bite to eat. The food has always good there and today was no exception. After eating I looked over the leather shop next door and decided to make a fast run through town Kind of see if anything caught my eye. There were more people than I expected for a Thursday. I tooled up and down through town and headed back in the general direction of Hwy. 412 and eventually work. Thought I'd check and make sure payroll went in without a hitch. The ride over to 412 was a slower one than I had hoped for. Too much traffic kept me sort of poking along.I finally made it to the highway and was able to open up a little. The bike seems to have a sweet spot at about seventy. I had a most enjoyable ride in to Springdale and work. With payroll all taken care of I headed toward the house and the "Little Republicans". I'm pretty sure they will enjoy being out in the sun for a while. I did notice that when your relaxed and riding without a plan, the day goes by really fast.Trip meter showed around 270 miles. I cant remember resetting it before I left. It was a good ride anyway.
Catch ya on the road

No comments: