Friday, May 22, 2009

5/22/09 Air cooled

365 Group

Man! I really love the warm mornings.
It was so nice getting ready to go to work this morning. The temperature was just right. I strapped everything on the bike and fired up on the first kick. While the engine was warming up I finished a cup of coffee and thought again about how nice it was not to have to have on so many clothes that I couldn't walk. That is nice!! The engine all warmed up and my coffee drank I couldn't put it off any longer so I headed down my drive toward the street. Traffic was heavy this morning. It was a chore just to get out on my street. Finally I caught an opening and blasted in. Once I got to the highway things lightened up some and I had a good run of three or four miles. As I came up to my turn off at the foot of the mountain I again got caught up in heavy traffic and slowed down to the pace of an old Beagle. Once I got off the highway to run around the Check Spellingmountain I was able to get up speed. My trip around the foot of the mountain, as always didn't last nowhere near long enough. Seems like it was over before I got started. But I did enjoy it. Today must have been one of those Fridays that you always hear about where everyone over sleeps or something. Seemed like most of the morning crowd was running late. I haven't seen morning traffic like this in a long time. Inching along at stop signs and lights, and with no breeze this morning, it seemed like my engine was starting to over heat. Finally I chucked it and hit a side street and ambled over to the four lane and got some air moving across my heads. After about half a mile my engine cleaned out and. It ended up being sort of the long way around but with an air cooled older twin, it was necessary.
My ride this morning was like a lot of rides this time of year. Too short. I'm hoping that today doesn't drag as it's Friday and I want to put on a few miles.
Catch a on the road.

mail: bikin_ridin@yahoo.com

No comments: