Saturday, May 30, 2009

5/30/09 a great morning

365 Group (f)

This morning I woke to a absolutely gorgeous day for riding.

I had managed to get in a few miles after work yesterday and that seemed to just make for a good nights sleep. As a result, today I was ready to hit the road for at least a couple or three hundred miles. While mulling over the wherefore's and where to of a short day trip, I got an invitation to breakfast and an early movie. Cant turn down free anything, especially food.
I saddled up and headed toward Fayetteville. Lots of fast moving traffic greeted me as I got on Hwy 45. That was OK I was in a hurry sort of mind. Coming out of town I met a long herd of bikes. It looked like about thirty or so. A poker run maybe? Looked like everyone was having fun.
Pulling in to Fayetteville I hit a couple of side streets that would let me make some time and stay in third gear. Some of these side roads are great for missing the bulk of things and even though you don't get up any speed, it balances out.
I made it to the Village Inn and had breakfast with a good looking woman and then we went on and watched the movie "UP". It was great movie! I think it is billed as a kids movie but We had a blast. For what ever it's worth, I highly recommend it.
After the movie I slipped out on to College ave. and made a quick run down town to cut across and head home. Once I got on the east side of town traffic started clearing a little. leaving just the "totally crazy". I saw two very close calls at traffic lights. Bikes with the right of way and cars not paying attention. I was actually glad to get back out on the highway.
It's only about nine or ten miles back to the house. This morning they were really enjoyable. I just sat there and listened to the engine hum and the chain sing.
Since the day was already into afternoon I decided to make my day trip. tomorrow. That way I wont have to hire a pup sitter and hope to make an early start in the morning.
Yep! It was a good morning. Good food, company, a good short ride of about thirty or so miles. I could stand to do this all the time.
Catch ya on the road

mail: bikin_ridin@yahoo.com

No comments: