Thursday, May 28, 2009

5/28/09 like a poker run only with fish.

365 Group (F)

This morning was a great riding morning!


Aside from the usual ride into work, which is still the best way to get rid of those early morning cobwebs, going off smoothly.
I pulled up to a traffic light and noticed another bike pulled over on the shoulder. Me being me pulled over on the shoulder and asked if there was a problem. There wasn't, just a pit stop to make a phone call.

One word led to another and a fishing trip was born.

The guy on the side of the road was Danny. He rides a Shadow and likes to fish. We got to talking and I explained that I had been trying to get up some riders to take off with me on a ride where every time we crossed a river or lake or creek we'd stop and do a little fishing. At the end of the day we would have a cookout, or, find a burger place.
Danny thought this was quite possibly one of the greatest ideas mankind has ever heard of. (did I mention that he rides and likes to fish?) We traded phone numbers and I headed on for work. I dodged traffic all through town like it was bonus point day for getting anyone on a bike. Finally pulling into work I saw several others had ridden so I figured I would bring the fishing trip to a couple and see how it goes.
At lunch time I visited with a few of the others that rode a lot and told them of the fishing trip. A couple seemed really interested and so we set about making plans and mapping a course. Also, around lunch time I got a couple of calls from guys I didn't know. All asking about this fishing trip. Evidently they had been talking to Danny and he had sic'd em on me.
Currently we are planning on a small trip, seventy five to a hundred miles, as kind of a shake down to work the bugs out. Hopefully this will be a lot of fun and draw a fair number of riders in the future. We even have a volunteer to drive the support truck with a cooler full of Ice to pack what we catch.
Think about it. Riding a bike and fishing. Does it get any better than that?
Catch ya on the road

mail: bikin_ridin@yahoo.com

No comments: