Saturday, June 27, 2009

6/27/09 A great morning


365 Group (f)




Today I started out with a quick ride over to the top of the mountain, to check on a friends pups. They are out of town for the weekend and I "kinda sorta"volunteered to look after the little monsters as they needed someone real bad and the little monsters actually love me. I mean love me like I was kinfolk with money. When "little vermin" loves you it just makes your day I don't care who ya are. So I enjoy taking care of them.
There is something to be said for an early morning ride when the sun has just gotten up good and it's still a little cool. Jammin down the highway without any traffic to get in the way, makes that little five mile run something to look foreword to. Also there's just something about an old twin early in the morning, loudly rumbling down the road as people are trying to sleep in. Kind of makes up for the weeks close calls and other pressures. Hey, there not my neighbors.
I loved up the pup monsters and got a good lovin in return. I'm set for the day.
Heading back to the house I decided to stop off at the local gas station/cafe and grab a biscuit stuffed with bacon and tomatoes. Pulling in I saw one of those new Yamaha 1900's pulling up to the gas pump. That is one nice looking bike! The owner had nothing but good words for it, other than the price. I agreed. Seems he was going to something called "A Saturday Ride." I wasn't too sure about just what it was. This guy made it sound like a bunch of people that wanted to go for a ride but didn't know how to go about it. So they formed a committee to organized it so they could get in the wind. I found myself wondering, while he was telling me about it. why don't you just head out and see where you are when you stop for gas or lunch? Anyway, to each their own ride.
I got my biscuit stuffed with dead animal by products and garden fresh tomatoes, a cup of coffee and proceeded out to one of the picnic tables to enjoy the remainder of the morning cool.
Now that the biscuit is down and the coffee drank, time to get started on today's errands. Bank, Grocery store, mow the yard. Dinner this evening with the son. A light day with lots of short rides. And... the "little monsters". God has smiled upon me again.
catch ya on the road.

No comments: