Wednesday, June 17, 2009

6/16/09 The Bikin Part

365 Group (f)

These last couple of days have been great riding weather. Even with the storms that have blown through the area.
Since I made the return trip from mom's I haven't been doing a whole lot of riding. Mostly to and from work. I seemed to have redeveloped a Medical condition and, like the last time, it's painful and really saps the energy. I have a worn out disk in my lower back just at the belt line. That with a coupled with a couple of other chronic worn out body parts just sort of puts the damper on doing a lot. Especially with what I fondly refer to as a "roughbutt" frame. that and a cantankerous kick starter. At seventy miles per hour and only 3/4 of an inch give, it rides a little rough. So I have been doing only what I can to get by as far as riding. To and from work, the Doctor a couple of times and the necessary restaurant,bill paying,etc. I'm averaging about sixty miles per day. Enough to keep my standing in the Group.
I am doing lots of planning. I have a couple of Bobber projects kicking around in the back of my mind. I'm spending this "down time" researching bike magazines and the Internet to see how things look in actual play. I've also began picking up parts here and there so my time isn't totally wasted. Ya know, this is the Bikin part.
There is a gathering coming up this weekend in Eureka Springs of an on line bike group, "Biker or Not" or "BON" that I belong to. I'm hoping to be healed enough to make at least one day of it. Maybe meet a couple of the people I've met on there and take a few pictures.
Anyway, I been doin lots of "bikin" and not a lot of "Ridin" lately. Doctors say it may all come to a halt soon. If that is actually the case, you know hat that will mean? Trike sales will go up a wee bit.
Catch ya on the road

No comments: